Monday, November 15, 2010

Burns, Blisters, and Scrapes

Ugh... My daily migraine. Why can't it start until I at least get home so I can take some medicine?


Nick tried to get me back. He asked me if I would go back out with him but I first asked him why he dumped me in the first place. His response was that he had gotten another chance with his ex-boyfriend Eli. And since that didn't work out he came back to me.

Is he really that stupid? He thought that was just okay? Why in the world would he think that he could just come right back to me because things didn't work out with another boy FOR THE SECOND TIME?

I told him I'm nobodies second place and that the idea that he would even have the nerve to tell me that is just horrible.

All I see in him is just a stupid kid who wants a trophy boyfriend. He doesn't care about the boy, he just cares what other people think of him. And he's a dreamer. He wants to live on the moon, which I told him is impossible since he'd freeze to death.

He talked of having his own private helicopter which he could have a pilot to take him wherever he wanted. All on the salary of being an electrician.

I didn't want to be cold with him though so I at least offered him friendship. He still hasn't replied.


Guess who I saw at work on Sunday? I was pushing carts and I saw Hanry step out of a piece-of-shit sedan with who I assume was his father. I would have said hello but I was on the other side of the lot. But when I was dropping a load of carts into the corral his car stopped in front of me waiting for me to pass by. So I waved and he waved back.

Though he also giggled and gave me an awfully strange smile. I hope it meant something ;3


Sunday night I got a phone call. Apparently Eli, Nick's two-time ex, wanted to ask me out. He was too nervous to ask me himself so he had his friend tell me that he thought I was awfully cute and blah blah blah.

"Look I hardly know you..."
"You don't think I'm cute?" Eli was back on the phone.
"Well I'm not gonna say that." I couldn't be mean to him, and he really is pretty cute. "You're just not my type."

So then we just had a casual conversation about some boys we thought were cute and other sorts of gossip. So at least I made a new friend.


Boys, boys, boys...


Today was the start of another shop week. Now we were in HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning). So it was kind of chilly in there but thankfully I had a sweatshirt.

I learned that I'm pretty damn good with a blowtorch today. Though I'm not so good at leaving hot objects alone. When I was finished welding and soldering some copper pipes I accidentally tapped the hot pipe it my forehand, leaving a nice little burn on my ring finger... Still stings X(

And I sliced the rest of my hands up pretty nicely, too. At the end of the day my hands all-around stung with open wounds. And I have to endure the burns and blisters again tomorrow. Fuck my life...

Now I'm off to Gamestop to pick up the new Call of Duty. Though I'm not allowed to play it since my grades for first term didn't meet daddy's standards. I got C's in English and Math, a B+ in History, and A+ in Latin, and still no records from Chemistry.

Compared to midterms I went up an entire letter grade in each of my classes. If that's not good enough for Dad then he needs to just piss off and be glad that I improved greatly.

Live.

1 comment:

  1. You should challenge your dad with some of your stuff, and see how he fairs out. A hardcore "A+" in Latin is nothing to sneeze at. And with the acquisition and honing of the above specialized motor skills, you could be a shoe-in for the Pope's personal plumber at the Vatican. Back in the day, all priests spoke Latin, although I'm not so sure today.

    I, to this day, cannot do fractions. There's just something about them pesky little numbers. For example, add 3/4 and 1/2. Easy = one and a quarter. It's something I can visualize. Now try this: add 3/5 and 7/8. ....... HUH ???
    Now I know there's a technique to this - a procedures, so to speak, that one can use to determine the answer. It's just that every time I ask, the terminology that is used sounds like........eh.......LATIN.

    So, if you're familiar with fractions - as a Latin scholar, could you teach me how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions in the English language, please?

    "FIDEM SCIT"

    ................."FOGGY"................

    ReplyDelete