Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Burning!

Hey I got my report card today! I know I already had a pretty god idea of what my grades were but the only clear ones were Algebra and English. So here it is ^_^
(Click picture to enlarge)

The notice for my 504 plan came in the mail yesterday. After I give it to the guidance counselor I'll start getting all of my school assignments on paper. How sweet is that? Not really worth losing my hearing, though. :\

I was gonna give it to the guidance counselor but when I went into the office nobody was there except some lady who I would have left the notice with but she was on a long boring phone call. I was gonna be late for math and I kind of felt awkward standing in her doorway like some pet wondering why their bowl is empty.

Looks like my cuts opened up again in HVAC since they stung like hell throughout the day. I had to wash them constantly to keep the dirt and grease out of them.

I had finished the class project early so me and Victor were assigned to remove the solder from already made projects from other students so he could re-use some pieces. While melting the solder with the blowtorch I accidentally lit the rag in my other hand on fire. I threw it to the ground and stepped on it and continued torching until I was done. I dropped the pipe on the floor and picked up the rag.

"AAAH!" I threw the towel to the ground and stomped on it once more, this time twisting my foot to make sure it was out this time. I looked at my hand and saw a splotch of red skin where I burned my hand. I laughed it off since it didn't hurt enough for me to see it as serious. I bent over and picked up the pipe to bring it over to the table...

"Gah! Dammit, You piece of sh--!" I put my hand in my mouth to muffle my cussing. Stupid me forgot that the pipe was still burning hot. I rinsed it under cold water and came back into the room. I paused for a second before bursting out in laughter at the situation. Since he knew it was okay, Sam confessed that he giggled at my reaction to the burn.


"You played Truth or Dare with Luke?" Abby said as she walked into my room later today.

Oh shit! Scott must have told her about the weekend where I kissed Luke in truth or dare!

"Luke told me you dared him to take his pants off?"

*Phew* I thought I was done. Last weekend we played Truth or Dare again along with a couple other people whose names I didn't bother to ask. But wait...

"I didn't dare him to do that, it was someone else." One of the stranger kids dared him to do that. I just simply cracked a joke encouraging him to do so.

"He was afraid you had a crush on him or something." She said. I laughed at that to avoid suspicion that I actually do like him. And afraid? Doesn't sound like Luke. If anything he knows I have a crush on him. And if I did he wouldn't be "afraid". I assume it was just to cover his mysterious sexuality to her. After all, people are quick to point gay fingers at anyone who is cool with homosexuality. *sigh*

"I told him 'No way'. 'Cause I mean, he's like, 12... 13?" So what? Age isn't a boundary to me... For some reason I wish she said yes, just so he could know. He ought to anyway. Because...


(Anyone wanna guess the reference?)

Live.

3 comments:

  1. Really great report card, congratulations!

    Rule #1 when working with hot stuff: fully engage brain before putting hands in motion.

    You also need to be using gloves with the sharp metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sound clip is lost on me. It's cool, but I don't know the reference at all.

    What do the colums mean on your report card (T1, C1, A1)? Test, classwork, something else? When "It Is a Pleasure to Work With This Student" turns up three times I start to wonder if the teachers just pick the comments out of some kind of standard pool. And the comment about "more concentration on your writing skills" surprised me, since you seem pretty articulate on the blog.

    Good luck getting to the end of your HVAC rotation without setting yourself or the classroom on fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The audio clip is from Weeds.

    ReplyDelete