Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flamboyant? Well Fuck You!

Sorry for the no-go yesterday. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't feel up to writing one. But there is a little something that happened I probably should mention.

So I am definitely going to the party Rita had mentioned before. Apparently it's a pretty big get-together in which the guests are encouraged to dress up in Steampunk style, or as a zombie. Odd combination, but cool! It's like a "Fable" Party. I'm pushing Nick to go with me but he's not all that sure. So now I have to break out the puppy dog eyes until he says yes ^_^

And Nick said there's going to be another Halloween hangout on Saturday. Of course I tesed and told him, "Gee I dunno, I'm not sure." So now I'm gonna let him think he has to go to the Steampunk party if I'm gonna go with him to the party on Saturday. Of course I'd still go on Saturday if he didn't come on Friday anyway but he doesn't know that yet. ;)


I need a haircut. It's growing out too long now and it's starting to flip out to the sides at my shoulders. And without my hat it's way too round and it sort of voids the endless minutes of straightening I do...

Something's up with the teachers all of a sudden. There's subs every other class all of a sudden. For the past few days the Chemistry, History, and Study classes of mine have had subs. And I have to talk to my History teacher about making up some work. Now I'll have no time! Grrr. Oh well, at least it won't be my fault if they never show up by the end of the term.

Damn! I left my sharpie pen at home! And I need it to satisfy my sudden obsession with zombies! Yeah... I've been drawing a lot in my art notebook lately. It's a shame I'll have to tear some pages out since it needs to be graded for some actual schoolwork I did in it (only 3 out of the 30+ things I drew in it were school related.)

"Christian!" Amy said when I got home from school. "Mum needs to talk to you."

Note: If it's anything else besides "Mum wants you", it's probably a bad thing.

"I've been hearing a lot of reports of you acting flamboyant around school."

Now of course I was outraged since as I'm sure I've said many times before, I am nowhere NEAR flamboyant in any way...

"What?"
"With your little boyfriend!" Well at least you're finally comfortable enough to call him my boyfriend... "And I've been hearing it from those two!" She pointed towards Kav and Amy who could probably hear but were in other rooms. "And they don't even share the same lunch with you!"
"Well, that's total bullshit!" I shouted back.
"And I've been getting things from your aunt Kat, that you've been swearing too much on your Facebook, which that's gotta stop. And I'm getting messages form your little cousin Chris asking if you're a homosexual. You really want him going to his mother, and then have her talk to your father and opening up that can of worms?" You've said this all before...
"Well--"
"You better fix this."

I stormed out of the room. It's obvious my words wouldn't change anything. I am in NO WAY flamboyant. But I guess a hug here and there with Nick is just too much for some people to handle, huh? And even if I was a bit swishy, why would it matter? Is it embarrassing? It's only as embarrassing as you make it, mom.

And I've had enough bitching from her about what I do an fucking Facebook! If she doesn't like what I put on there then fine. I removed and blocked every family member of mine who could read my Facebook. The only person I kept was Abby since she's like a best friend to me rather than just a sister. (By the way Abby Happy Birthday again!)

So no more dealing with the folks anymore.

I had to go to the doctor to get my hearing checked. Yeah, it's pretty bad. I listen to my Walkman with the volume on max and people think I'm crazy. Not to mention I have to say "What?" to every other person who tells me something.

And who would've guessed that I got the worst possible outcome? Apparently I probably have nerve damage. The actual hearing test said I was perfect but the device the doctor used couldn't sense nerve damage. So I'm heading up to the hospital in a month or so to get an official test.

Well, me and the family are off to celebrate Abby's birthday. See ya!

Live.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like your mother is reluctantly tolerant of your homosexuality as long as you don't act gay in any way shape or form. She sounds like she means well but is just having a hard time "dealing". I mentioned last time you talked about a conversation with your mother that there would probably be more in the future. Guess I was right. I suspect she'll probably calm down a bit when she realises that your relationship with Nick has not in fact triggered the apocalypse, but there maybe a few more overreactions to fight through first. I'm highly likely to be giving you bad advice here, but perhaps when you're feeling particularly patient and Zen, start a conversation with her about it, and try to talk down from the ledge (the ledge in this case being all the worst case scenarios she's dreaming up in her head).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's typical. It's not what you do that matters to your mum, it's what other people say. So "being flamboyant" means not being so ashamed that you hide away your love. And swearing on Facebook, if you don't like it, don't read it!

    Be careful with your hearing. Once it's damaged, it's damaged forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wise for so young

    ReplyDelete