Monday, October 4, 2010

Purple for Spirit

Recently I read of 9 teen boys who committed suicide after being bullied constantly by homophobes. Here are the names of all the teens copied from this article:

Billy Lucas (15) September 9, 2010. Indiana

Cody J. Barker (17) September 13, 2010. Wisconsin

Seth Walsh (13) September 19, 2010. California

Tyler Clementi (18) September 22, 2010. New Jersey

Asher Brown (13) September 23, 2010. Texas

Harrison Chase Brown (15) September, 25 2010. Colorado (No detailed information about his death)

Raymond Chase (19) September 29, 2010. Rhode Island

Felix Sacco (17) September 29, 2010. Massachusetts

Caleb Nolt (14) September 30, 2010. Indiana

Click on any of the names to read more about these poor innocent people. Some you may have already known about.

I had read that someone is starting a sort of event on October 20th to remember those who have committed suicide after being bullied for their sexuality. On the PFLAG, the last color, purple, represents spirit. On October 20th we ask everyone to wear a purple shirt (or any garment of clothing) in spirit of those who couldn't live the kind of life they deserved.

I'm trying to help spread this event, and it would be kind if anyone could help.


Being overly-emotional I couldn't wait and decided to wear a purple scarf to school today. Apparently it was a very pretty scarf, according to Jen. Our friend Chris said however it was "the gayest scarf I've ever seen." You have no idea. Normally I'd be annoyed that people still actually call things 'gay' but Chris is a pretty nice person, for a football player at least.

Misha was telling me how much she misses Griffin being around. Apparently she didn't know how much Griffin felt the same way. I told her what he told me over the weekend. He cares about her but doesn't want to upset her parents because they are the homophobic type. She kept "aaaw"ing and shaking with butterflies since she thought it all so sweet of him. I couldn't believe she couldn't figure all this out when Griffin was so obvious.

Engineering is off the list for possible majors to enter. I just can't stand the freaking drafter program, no matter how many thousands of dollars it cost. If I can't even draw a block without putting a hole in my desk I don't think I should stick to it for the next 4 years. Tomorrow we go into telecommunications with that insane psycho teacher who thinks screaming at kids will get them to join his shop.

Fun ^_^

Live.

1 comment:

  1. All of these senseless suicides is a tremendous tragedy. It is sad that we hav so many cruel people in the world whose daily desire is simply to cause maximum misery for innocents who can do nothing to defend themselves.
    It is very hard to forgive such shameless acts.
    I only hope that some ood may come from the deaths of all those beautiful young boys.
    Tears somehow seem to not wash away the sadness.
    --carlitos

    ReplyDelete