Friday, September 10, 2010

Freshmeat

Welcome to my new high school! Where the kids are either insane, socially isolated, freaks, asleep, or just odd. Of course there is a handful of exceptions here and there.

I entered the building and looked for a few people I knew. As I had guessed, at one single table was Andrew, Ricky, Doug, and Frankie. Also my two friends Solomon and Griffin were there. Once I settled with them I did a recon of the room. I recognized some faces scattered about the room. I had also stopped to stare at some 15 or so strangers. Oh yes cute boys everywhere. I was in a candy shop. I was able to determine which ones were approachable or not which I would save in my head for future reference ;)

And administrator at the school got right down to business and had us head to the library to speak with our guidance counselor. She sounded a lot like Rachael Ray. And we went over the whole huge “zero tolerance” bully law. It’s not like any of that is going to stop anything. They do about as much help to kids as Disney Channel. They won’t help, they’ll just say that they’ll be there and give you worthless advice on how to stop it. I’d quote some of the techniques they had in my Agenda Book but I lost it.

When traveling to all my classes, there seemed to be some of the same people in every class I had, including Rita, one of my best friends from Junior High. And I kept seeing this one boy, Hanry. Never saw him until today but he was incredibly cute and sounded so sweet when he talked. A gentle boy, average height and body with neat, curly brown hair. I’d like to know him but I would probably seem weird.

Nobody just goes up to random people and say hello. Yet there’s this one kid, William (who likes to be called Toby). We call him “White Toby” since we already have a Toby. And due to obvious differences, it was decided he was now White Toby. When we took a tour of the school a few months back he had sat down at our table and just said “hey”. According to social rules that shit just doesn’t happen. He’s okay, though. I just think he tries too hard to be social and it just looks bad. The only thing that really annoys me is that whenever the name “Led Zeppelin” comes up, being a shirt or conversation, he’s on it like a puma.

But I hate bitching about people, too much to say. When lunch came around, I sat down with Rita and a couple of her friends. I was glad to hear that I got prettier over the summer :). Periodically I was glancing over at a boy a few tables away. He had his hair spiked as if to impress someone. I had gotten up though since I had a craving for Strawberry Lemonade and circled the cafeteria looking for some. When I got back with my drink Solomon had joined the table. We discussed our day while we fed ourselves, making jokes, talking about boys, and enjoying the rest of our day. Then Rita and her friends all had to go to the bathroom at the same time. Hooray for stereotypes! When they were gone Solomon looked at me and asked:

“Wait, so are you gay?”

“Yes.”

“So you like guys.”

“Nope.”

“Wait, what?”

“Nothing. Yes I do.”

“Oh. You have a boyfriend?”

“Nope.”

“Do you want a boyfriend?”

Let freeze the conversation right there. I won’t jump to any conclusions here but that does seem like a very odd question to ask unless the person is going somewhere with it. I decided not to question him.

“Maybe.”

Didn’t mean I was going to make him wonder just in case ^_^. There was a silence between us for about 5 seconds. He was about to speak again but then Griffin dropped in on our table followed by Rita and friends returning to the table. I was eager to hear what he had to say but I figure if it was important it would come back sometime soon.

When I got home my ATM card arrived in the mail. I had gotten one since I was going to be putting half of my weekly pay check into my bank account. We figured it would be good to have one if I ever needed to withdraw money on a moment’s notice.

When my dad got home he had an announcement for me and my brother. Since school was starting up again he took away my Xbox so I wouldn’t be distracted. He still thinks that the games were the problem for my bad grades. Thing is, I don’t know why they were slipping. Even when I didn’t even touch my games, nothing changed. But if I get A’s and B’s on my first term report card dad will give them back.

Right now I’m on Concerta for my ADD. If it was my ADD that caused the problems, these medications will fix it. I haven’t gotten a chance to see if they work yet since I never got any work to do to see if it helps me concentrate more. We’ll just have to find out.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment