Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Swedish Dreams Crushed? Hopefully/Probably Not

If there's one thing you should know is that my life's goal is to retire to Sweden, that is of course if I can't get there sooner. I hope to have the chance to work there and experience the welfare system and all the pretty little other perks. And I've taken a personal virtual tour via Google Earth and Looked like the heights in my Massachusetts town. If you get a load of it looks pretty damn awesome. I remember doing this in Study and joking, "Hey look, even the slums are pretty!"Medford, you will think it's abandoned or run by gangs.

If possible I'd like to find an English transit college but that's something for another day...

So I ended up with a 100% on that essay I was briefly upset about. Hooray! I'm back in the running for an A! Mum promised if I get good grades this term I get to bleach my hair. Not too sure if I want to go through with it exactly since I do like my hair and other people think so as well but I'll think about it if I get the chance to.

Rita found an article in one of her magazines she reads when class is boring. It was about Sweden's recent election going to the far-right party. In a brief biased statement they want to block out foreigners due to a high rate in immigration. It also included on a "side-note" that Muslims are the highest of all immigrants. Hmm, racism towards the Islam people. Where have I heard this before.

Possibly the worst part was their plan to slowly move away from the oh so perfect welfare system. Lucky for Sweden, every input I've heard on the subject is against their welfare economic system. Honestly, do we want another United States? I really think they're overreacting to the unemployment rate practically doubling. Sounds scary, but the thing is it's still under 10%, almost the same as the US (and when you compare the populations... yeah.)

Here's an article if you would like to know it in full: http://nyti.ms/9xNBRg

My math teacher, according to my mother, is a twat. Now I didn't think much about that comment, but today kind of made me think. She has these "clicker tests", where she gives you a remote to answer 3 questions. The clicker works similar to those the audience gets in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", where we get the A, B, C, D buttons to press while the question is up on the board.

First off, 3 question tests? So getting one wrong already fucks you over. Second, it would've been nice if she had taught us how to use the damn things. It would've been more effective for me to chuck the glossy calculator across the room.

Had our first day of Golf. I had a good time and my coach (English teacher) was getting me in some good habits. I'm a pretty decent driver as well. would've done better if I hadn't torn my hands apart with blisters. AARGH! My left hand is blistered all over! Worst part of it all is that we have no Band Aids! FACK! Lucky for me my sister had some in her car. for bonus points they have a Spongebob design on them :P

Mom talked to me more about how Kavanaugh needs to get a girlfriend. I feel like shit whenever we talk about him since that thought always gets to me. Then again I could have just been irritable from the lack of anything in my body.

Tomorrow I head into Robotics in exploratory... Meh :\ we'll see what happens. If it's that screaming banshee next door from drafting I'll be pissed.

Live

2 comments:

  1. The trouble with classes like Robotics is they sound good but they attract all the idiot boys as well. It takes a special teacher to make that work.

    The idea of living in a country where no-one is allowed to fall through the cracks is really appealing. Scandinavian countries or Holland. Even if they move a little to the right they're still a long way ahead of most countries. But you have to learn the language, otherwise you're always the foreigner, an outsider. Have got any Swedish heritage?

    Does Kav need to come out to your mom? It sounds like you're both a bit worried about him. Would your father have to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy,

    I don't really know much of my heritage out of Canada and Ireland. Thing is my accent sounds as if it has a Northern Europe hint to it. That or British. Too hard to tell. And I am aware of the language difficulty but it's really a small price to pay.

    For Kav, he doesn't HAVE to come out. It's just that if he were to come out he would have a harder time than me. And if he tells my mom she will surely inform daddy. She did it with me.

    If he actually does need help I would probably run into him at the first GSA meeting this Thursday. Then it'll be all over for our secrets. I am nervous but it'll be good if we do end up confronting the issue.

    ReplyDelete