Friday, September 10, 2010

Luke

Today was the first day of school officially. Yesterday was really just an orientation day to get us settled into the new school. Today we got a whole bag of goodies. The school was trying to start a new system to keep students organized by giving them a large binder that had sections for every one of their classes. It also included a ruler, pens, and a flash drive. Kind of teed me off though that they would splurge for flash drive but not fix the worn out rooms, replace projectors, fix the plumbing, and a list of other more important things. Any file that can be put on a flash drive can also be sent through email. Oh no. Instead they figure they can get thumb drives if they just cancel all late buses. It may have saved them $500,000 but it also means the kids that don’t have another ride can’t stay after school for extra help since there will be no bus waiting for them when they’re done. Grades will drop, and the school will get less money from the government. So the big picture is really not as big as they think.

In art class, I felt pretty good about this year. Our teacher was probably the first one to ever realize that art should mean something to the creator. All the teachers I had prior to this one just told us what to do and we did it. But I realized I never cared for any of it because it didn’t relate to me at all. She then told us to answer the following question by Thursday:

“What is art?”

… We started pitching ideas around the room. But there were flaws in each and every one of them. Some very obvious, and some thoughtful, but didn’t really seem right. I kept writing and erasing over and over until I realized, I’m not answering this. Because I can’t answer it. No one can.

Again at lunch I had to find my pink lemonade before I could be happy :P. then I sat with Rita, Sneha, Solomon, and Griffin. I never knew how cute Solomon was without his glasses on ^_^. And apparently at the end of the day I was called down to the office. I didn’t know why. When I saw my guidance counselor, she said my missing papers and my agenda book were found and taken there by a good citizen. I would’ve liked to ask for the student’s name so I could thank him properly, but she was busy and I had to rush back to Music Lab.

The bus home is just awful. Not only is it jam packed, but the people are terrifying. Shouting, giving mean looks (to me as well! Eeek!) and making plenty of racial slurs. Just my luck there were no more seats and the driver sat me next to a kid (as if I could call him that) nearly twice my size. OMG! He was tall, built like a bulldozer, had a buzz cut of bright orange hair, and a face with a scary expression that hardly changed. He clearly wanted his own seat. When I sat down he grunted (roared) and moved over. His friends around him all “oooo”‘ed and called out “Freshman!” So I plugged in my headphones, and opened my phone to go on the internet. I didn’t look up once.

When I got home my mom wanted me to help her get some bikes into the car. Due to a fairly recent surgery of hers, she can’t lift anything too heavy. So I tagged along. When heading out the door, I noticed our neighbor form up the street, Luke, walking back to his house with his friend Reed. Luke’s a friend of mine and my sisters. It’s just that I think he’s incredibly cute. And when we got home, my sister wanted to go play with Luke’s sister. But my mom had to go back to work. So me in all my kindness :3 offered to watch her.

But I wasn’t watching her exactly. We spent a few hours talking, riding bikes and skateboards around the street. I went for a bit of a crazy stunt as well. One of the neighbors had two large steps on their front walk which we were able to ride down with a bit of a bump. But I was crazy enough to take it a step further. Before I went down I stood on the seat of my bike. But it backfired. My foot slipped but I was able to put it on the body of my bike. But I was already going down. On the second step my feet slipped and I landed hard on my seat. I yelled out in pain and groaned.

But it’s not what you think. Lucky for me the fall just missed the family jewels. Let’s just say it lead to me taching them what a “taint” was. Errr it was awfully uncomfortable.

Then our neighbor Scott offered to let me, Luke, and Reed swim in his pool for a bit until it got dark. I almost didn’t go but then Luke said, “Come on Christian take a swim with us.” Whatever you say walking wet dream…

“Okay, sure.”

Now I never use the word “perfect” to describe anything but when I saw Luke with no shirt all wet in the pool, I couldn’t think of a different word at the time. I guess I couldn’t help but get “excited” watching him so I stood in the pool with a bit of a crouch. Lol even in a pool…

When it got dark Luke asked if I would be out after I got dressed and I said “sure” and went home to clothe. When I returned Luke told me Reed had to go home and he was sleeping over his house, but I tagged along. reed warned me that his grandma was a very… odd person. He told me I best not let her see me when she answered the door or else she’d freak out. But where’s the humor in that?

When we reached Reed’s house he got a key to get in the back and said grandma was sleeping but he woke her up so I best leave. He started walking toward the back door not realizing I was still following. Luke noticed but he was holding in laugh’s. When Reed opened the door he noticed me. He shooed me away but then the opportunity came. I heard a voice, obviously his grandmother coming toward the door.

“Christian go!” He screamed in a whisper. But right before I turned around I leaned in through the doorway and shouted:

“I love you grandma!”

I legged it out of there before she could open the door. I didn’t see her reaction to my statement but it must have been pretty good :). While walking home I felt a bit colder. I was alone and it was pitch black. The streetlights were dim but you could just barely see around you. In my peripheral vision I noticed a man. Without turning my head I looked toward him. He was looking at me, not moving. Very shady looking. I walked a bit faster, occasionally turning my head just in case. I slowed when I couldn’t see him anymore.

I was dead tired when I got back to the house. There was Chinese food waiting for me. Yay! I got in the shower to clean myself of chlorine and bike grease. Hardly able to hold myself up due to my sore legs. And after this sentence I will pass out in my bed.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment