Saturday, September 18, 2010

Going the Extra Mile to Piss Me Off

The pants are dry, yet the pockets are still soaked.... The little things that piss me off. Like yesterday during groceries I was practically homicidal because my mom wanted me to go back 2 aisles and grab some Kraft macaroni. Yet big problems I can just let go. Odd?


So to change things up a bit at work, I was told to go out in the parking lot and pick up any trash or food. Thankfully I had an 8AM shift so there weren't cars and people constantly going in and out. But DAMMIT! Is it too much to ask for people to use the trash barrel? Even when it was right next to people, the ground seemed more lacking in garbage. And the bushes were a hot spot for asses to toss their unwanted bags, wrappers, and Dunkin Donuts coffee cups.

Worse news? It rained yesterday so everything was wet, too. FML

I space out way too much when working. I mean I guess it's hard to stay conscious when you're in the same place for 5 hours but twice I had to run outside to customers who left their bags at the register.

You know what's worse than people getting angry at you? People pretending to be nice to you when they're obviously pissed. So while bagging this lady's food I accidentally knocked one of her apples over. So I went to get her a replacement, but when I started to go back, she came over and took one from the pile right after I took one. She looked at me holding it up.

"This is a honeycrisp apple, and I think I'm just gonna get a new one myself." She said it in the nicest tone of voice, making her even more of a bitch than before.

Just not really my day at work. Oh well, dad made pizza.... It sucked.

"How was it?"
"Nothing special."
"Great. Another asshole for a son..."
"What? You want me to compliment it or tell you how it was?"
"....."

(Winner!)

I shouldn't try to do anything else today...

Live.

2 comments:

  1. I have never understood why people litter. It is totally against my instinct. I guess at least in that respect I was brought up right. Almost daily I have to pick up trash in front of my house that people have thrown out of their cars. It seems to me that just basic human instinct would tell a person that isn't the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings you 14 y/o gay atheist boy.
    I am reading your blog for the first time today. So, I don't want to jump to a bunch of conclusions. However...I do wonder if you are always angry at the world like I just read, or
    is this just for today. Somehow, at 14 y/o I can't imagine what could make you go off at virtually everyone as if they are personally torturing you or ruining your life. Hmmm!
    I do hope your mood is not so sour as this day.
    It doesn't make for a pleasant life..for anyone.
    --carlitos

    ReplyDelete