Friday, September 10, 2010

MANicure

I walk into the kitchen for dinner, grab a plate, and just as I’m about to take a slice of meatloaf… I realize I’m not hungry.

Writing comes out a lot better in my head than it does when I put it on paper. I figured I had a gold essay for English, but after reading a bit of it, it was just awful. Looks like I have a lot of editing to do over the weekend before Monday. *sigh*

I swear I was ready to throw something through my computer in graphics today. At random times when I tried to move my mouse, the computer zoomed away from my program to show me all the windows making it hard to work. Later in the day my brother explained that it was because when I squeeze the sides of the mouse it does that. But that’s rediculous. The more frustrated I got, the harder I gripped the mouse!

As I expected, my request to print my calendar was declined. But the teacher did say I worked too hard on it for it to be thrown away, so she let me put it on the thumb drive we got at the beginning of the year. It’s now a PDF file which I can print from my computer here at home. But does anyone know what to set the paper size to if I need to print it on paper that is 11 inches, but twice as big in width (17 in)?

When I got to lunch I saw that Griffin had red nail-polish on his hands. Apparently he was in cosmetology and they needed a subject for manicures and he volunteered. Not only were his nails painted, but his hands were cleansed and scented as well. Full hand job (teehee) for free!

We were also required to make a person in Adobe Illustrator using only text. Better, I thought, I’ll recreate the Reddit alien. When I was done it looked almost like the real thing. so I put that on the thumb drive as well. But the alien wasn’t impressed by my work, because when I opened my portrait of him, and his eyes were squinted. Like an evil grin!

Nothing else happened for today and I have to shut down early since mom’s on the rag about the usual and tld me no computer.

Live. I hope I do :3

No comments:

Post a Comment